Friday, May 22, 2009

Probiotics

By far the best thing I have done thus far for supplements for my animals is from Holistic horse:

http://www.theholistichorse.com/

I had a problem with lice etc so I got some of their dust and the first time I dusted them (the pigs) they 20 25 lice that I could see, two days later I dusted them again, I could see 5, two days later I see no evidence of lice at all.

I also feed them probiotics every day, I put one teaspoon in a five gallon bucket and one teaspoon of their de wormed then I pour the grain from one container to another to mix, the pigs look wonderful, shinny coats, happy and nice visable weight gain.

My chickens I use their chicken dewormer with flax seed, they look the bets I have seen them and they seem to gain weight faster.

If you are raising pastured pigs and poultry you really ought to try some of this stuff it is great !!

Cheers,

Craig

1 Comments:

Anonymous Tom said...

I think raising pig is a lot easier than raising chicken or goats. Pigs eat almost any kind of food even garbage. So the price of food for these animals is a lot cheaper. And I will definitely try this probiotics.

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home