Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Still learning

Well try as I may I still have not figured out how to get a photo in here along with text, at least it hasn't worked for the last few pictures.

Been busy this MLK holiday, got the working chute about done, only a few bolts left to install and a deck to put on but hopefully we can use it to get Millie the cow home.

The total cost for this was about $500.00, all the post holes were dug by hand and the posts were set in concrete. The actual construction of the chute after the posts set for a day was one day, thanks to Jeff and Kevin for their hard work.

We have the hogs seperated now with some in the north five acre lot, some in the Ox Pasture and piglets cleaning up the Horseradish bed for us.

I have spent the last few days working on our tax stuff for the farm and re doing all our quickbook stuff, also made file folders to correspond with the for F entires and quickbooks, I am now ready to take it to the CPA. I HATE PAPERWORK.

Also revamped our ordering system, opened a new checking account so as to keep better records, and have a new process for logging incoming money and deposits.

We have been getting turkey, pork and chicken orders already and am pleasantly surprized as to how many we have considering the forms have only been available for about 3 weeks. When one customer sent in what I thought was a bit too much money he responded that he had read we posted on our web site that there was a cash flow problem last year and he wanted to help us out. I pointed out that we really didn't have a cash FLOW problem it was more of a cash DRIP problem.

I posted some pictures of Christmas here with Sheryl's side of the family, we always have a great time when they come for our traditional Christmas Eve dinner, Uncle Dickie always gets a gag gift from the boys and this year it was pink slippers...

As you can see from the picture of the pigs in the hay we really need to get some hog huts for them, these are metal huts and will withstand their constant scratching etc. I really do enjoy the pigs as each one has their own personallity.

Johnathan, Millie's owner has a farm in Waterford and has kindly brought yet more hay for Millie and the rest of the cows. He is a hard working young man who I enjoy having to visit, I still want him to teach me his method for castrating the piglets.

Nuff for now.

Cheers,

Craig

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello: Love your WEB page as it really incourages me to forge on. Thanks for your sharing. Be Well

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home