Monday, January 09, 2006

Work party news

Well it wasn't quite what I had hoped for and had it not been for young Ben Adams and my Oldest Son Shawn the work party would have been a flop 'cause no one else showed up. We did get a HUGE amount done though and I am happy with what we accomplished in a short period of time.

One more day like yesterday in that pasture and we will be able get the piles set drying out before burning in year. Hopefully we can get about 4 ton of lime spread in there this Feb or March.

Thanks to Curt and Shawn we got the seven piglets moved and the boys cut, all 7 are now rooting up the horse radish bed for me.

Millie the cow would NOT load in to the trailer on Sat soooooooo now I have to build a pinch chute. I do need one badly just not right now especially with all the mud and water. It has been a very warm and wet winter. I got four of the 8 post holes dung and the posts set, I ran in to more rocks than about all of the other holes on the farm combined (might be over stating it a bit...) but just one stone was the size of a truck tire.

Tonight I have a meeting with the Denison Society Board of Trustees to see if they want to allow a farmers market on their property. Personally I am having second thoughts about adding the workload to my already over loaded schedule.

Shaws supermarket is about set for me to go there at 06:00 in the am to pick up 55 gallon barrels of veggie scraps. This is for a compost project, yet another albiet welcome addition to my schedule--guess I will have to start feeding hogs at 4:30 in the morning once that starts. This compost will be a good test for the dung beetles and others I got from the battle man in Oregon, and I might even order more this spring.

I have a lot more I need to write here but am out of time, spend a couple of days just entering finincial stuff into QuickBooks to be ready for tax day.

Cheers,

Craig

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home